Four sessions to boost your tourism business
Marketing 101: The Fundamentals of Marketing in a post-COVID world.
Learn the fundamentals of marketing in this session that explains the three key components of marketing any business:
- Get Known
- Get Found
- Stay Known
Case studies from tourism and travel business across Australia and around the world will be used to explain each stage of the marketing flow.
At the end of this session you will:
- have identified the best marketing mix for your business
- have prepared the basis of your own broad marketing action plan
- be ready to start your first marketing campaign
You will be provided with a workbook for identifying your best marketing mix, and to build out your marketing action plan.
Get Known: Brand, Influence & Harnessing Social Media
We don’t think too much about our brand as we go about our work. But it’s what drives the decision of guests to choose you over other operators. And nowhere is brand and identity on show more than on social media.
In this session you will learn:
- How to form your key message and brand story for all your online marketing
- How to plan consistent and compelling social media content
- How to make short, impactful videos showcasing your experience
- How to create eye-catching graphics that tell your story
Case studies will be shared that show how the best in the world are doubling-down on their brand, telling their stories and building communities of fans and not just followers on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest and more.
Get Found: Search Engine Optimisation and Conversion
While we’re all focused on building visually stunning multimedia websites, Google is focused on delivering answers to the questions our potential guests are asking them. And if we’re not answering those questions for them, that traffic is going elsewhere.
In this session you’ll learn:
- How ranking on Google works
- How to find out what people are searching for
- How to create content that answers questions
- The technical stuff that gets you ranking
- The tactics that turn visitors into paying guests
At the end of this session, you will have listed the keywords that are most important for your business, designed a plan to create the right kind of content to attract more search results and will have provided the information required for your included search and competitor report (to be delivered to your email address during the week.)
Stay Known: Practical Content Creation Workshop (BYO device)
It’s one thing to know the theory, it’s another to put it in to practice. In this hands-on workshop that’s all about creating the kind of content that brings your fans back again and again, you will learn:
- How to capture great photos and videos with your mobile phone
- How to create graphics and use your brand consistently
- How to make video content and edit it with free tools
- How to encourage guests to create content for you
- How to use content from your guests on your profiles & pages
Creating “Instagrammable moments” is how destinations like Bali have made their mark on the world stage and drawn millions of visitors hungry to replicate the photos of influencers on their own profiles. Knowing how to create and promote them is key to attracting a new generation of adventure and experience travellers.